PDA

View Full Version : Super PC monitor screen lines

Piginapoke
11-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I have the older MSL wireless Asus motherboard. Something to that effect. Built it myself, I have had nothing but problems with it, but when it works it works great. My Nivida 8800 Geforce GTS I believe has bit the dust. My PC started getting blue zipper looking lines on boot up. Then when I opened IE I would get a send error report to Microsoft and the Browser would then disappear. I then had to go to safe mode to boot up and in My computer I went to properties in device manager, and disabled the Geforce drivers or card and then boot up in regular mode and everything was O.K. But I still get the zippered looking vertical lines on the bootup screen. But IE would then work fine. Since I have to disable the Geforce sound card or drivers to get my PC to operate normally and with the zippered vertical lines on Boot up, it makes me think it is the Graphics card. I guess I am running off of the on board graphics of my mother board. The computer works better than ever without the Geforce card, but I don't think it is enough for a good graphics experience. Any ideas welcome. I don't think it is the monitor.

zburns
11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
What rear port is the monitor presently plugged into?

If you still have your motherboard manual, there will be a page with the specs on it. The video capability of the motherboard will be listed if the mobo has a video rear port!

Piginapoke
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Hadn't thought about that. I don't think there is a port but there might be. Just from looking at it I see one port with a smaller connector to the mobo, but not the larger one on my flat screen monitor. I don't know the technical terms of the cable plugs. I'll try and find the manual. I guess then, the video card is still working somewhat, but has something wrong that makes it not fully functional. Maybe bad memory or something. It is still plugged into the monitor.