PDA

View Full Version : New here

thefixxer
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Hello everyone. Just found these forums and I look forward to learning and sharing from/with you all.

A little about me. I have involved with computers in one way or another since 1995. I hold a Bachelors of Science in Information Technology from University of Wisconsin, an Associate's of Arts in Networking from Wisconsin Technical College, A CompTIA+ certification, and a few brand dependent repair certifications. Currently I am the Service Manager at a pc repair shop in Northeast Wisconsin. I love computers...eat breath and sleep in binary!!! Back in the day I was hardcore modder and scratch builder....but as time went by, I had less and less time to dedicate to the magic of a dremel. I can still mod like madman but have dedicated more time building solid fast and stable systems at the hardware level.

My own hand built system is a labor of love and a constantly evolving work of super computer art. Upgrades are in the works for CPU and motherboard come the holidays, but this is how it sits now:

Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
PSU: BFG 550w Modular
Motherboard: Gigabyte P43T-ES3G (socket 775)
CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q9450 overclocked @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 16GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3
Video: EVGA GTX 550Ti Fermi
TV Tuner: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600
Hard Drives: 128GB OZC Vertex Plus R2 SSD
2TB Seagate Barracuda
1TB Seagate Barracuda
1.5 (3X) Seagate Barracudas
1TB Seagate Barracuda in Fantom Drive eSATA external enclosure
Optical: LG BluRay burner
Other: PCIe 1x eSATA/Sata/IDE controller (using for optical sata and external drive connection)
PCI sata controller (using for case eSATA and Sata hotswap bay)
Info LCD Panel: nMedia Pro-LCD
Cooling: CPU- Antec Kuhler H620 liquid cooler with dual XIGMATEK XSF-F1252 120mm fans in push/pull
configuration on the radiator
Chipset- CoolJag 12V Falcon MiniX
RAM- XIGMATEK dragoon-n422 on all 4 modules
Video- ARCTIC COOLING Accelero XTREME Plus II
Case- Single stock 120mm front intake
Single stock 120mm top exhaust

This machine is my primary HTPC. I ditched cable a year ago and built this machine to replace cable service. I also have smaller built machines in 2 other rooms of the house and a file server. Everything entertainment gets done through this machine and its powered up most of the time so it is rock solid.

Anyway, that's me and what I have. Again, I look forward to being a member here!

baja
10-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Awesome. Im from NE wisconsin also,,, two rivers.