PDA

View Full Version : A daunting and challenging project...

gtr_stitch
08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Hello all! Glad to be here!
I'm not 100% sure I'm posting in the right area, but I felt that "Build Your Own PC" was as close as I was gonna get, since that's basically what I'm doing...
Anyways, I've got a dead laptop on my hands. At least I'm pretty sure it's dead. Won't turn on. Power indicator lights and charge lights work fine, but no hdd status led. Just as well, I've got a rebuilt desktop with no monitor, keyboard, or mouse. I've read a lot about using an LCD with a PC, and the hurtles befalling that are quite a bit. Same with the keyboard and mouse.
Anyways, to cut to the chase, I had an idea. Assuming that the I/O board and graphics chip are still in working order, is there a way to tap into that system and somehow hardwire the motherboard to gain access to the LCD with the desktop? Yea, seems like much more work than just finding the right video circuit to use the LCD by itself, but I seem to have a thing for really freaking difficult tasks. I've got quite a few resources at my disposal, so let's assume that I myself have no monitary obstacles...

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance! If more info is needed, don't hesitate to ask!

~Stitch