PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Build For MySuperPC

Rob
08-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Just a heads up that I've put together a new computer and updated www.MySuperPC.com (http://www.mysuperpc.com/) with the components. The build went very smoothly and so far everything's turned out great.

This is the first build where I've used an SSD - Solid State Drive. I have a Crucial M4 128GB as the boot drive, the C: drive. The improvement in speed performance over a hard drive is amazing. I'm also using a Western Digital 1TB hard drive as a large storage device.

I'm using a Blu-ray DVD RW drive for the optical device. Prices have dropped to the point where a Blu-ray drive is not too expensive.

I've changed sound card brands from Creative to ASUS. I've been a loyal Creative user for years, but the latest interation of Creative sound cards are not getting the great reviews the previous models received. On ther other hand, the ASUS reviews look pretty solid.

Something I found interesting is that the Antec Sonata 3 computer case I purchased for the built included a modification such that the SSD card can be mounted on the bottom of the computer case. Previous Antec Sonata 3 computer cases I've puchased did not have this feature. It's interesting that Antec modified the case without updating the model number.

I still have some work to do to get some of the main pages updated for the new build. I also plan to update the book to include an assembly step with the SSD component.

I'd be glad to hear any comments or questions.