PDA

View Full Version : Booting Issue

gulrezgaur
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi All...
I just finished assembling my computer ..I have ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE motherboard, AMD dual core 5200+ processor,2GB RAM,Geforce7200LE video card,CD-DVD writer and 250 GB maxtor SATA hard drive.
Everything seems fine ,at the time of booting , when i press DEL to enter setup, i can see everything correct, but when i save and exit from BIOS setting, it gives me SYSTEM DISK FAILURE message and then nothing happens..I was expecting some POST messages..Why i am not getting any messages ???Is there any problem or everything is ok and i should just go ahead and install OS..Any help will be greatly appreciates..

Thanks

Rob
02-23-2007, 05:56 AM
I suspect everything is fine. You might have POST mostly disabled. There should be an option in the BIOS called something like Quick Boot. I mention this option on the MSI K8N Neo Platinum on this page. It may have a slightly different name in the BIOS you're using.
http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_msi_k8n_neo_configure_bios.shtml

When I put together the MSI K9N Platinum, I did not get a beep and I got a lot less information on the display when this option was disabled. But the SYSTEM DISK FAILURE message sounds normal for where you are in the build so far.

rustygrant
07-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm having the same problem, only when I restart, the mssage "disk boot failure" appears. Same mobo, athlon x2 6000. 3 gigs of RAM, evga 7600gt ko. I think I'm overreacting. I guess the computer is trying to boot from the HDD and is unable to do so because windows is not yet installed...learning everyday.

Rob
07-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Right. If you're hard drive is new-and-clean then this sounds normal.