PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a computer

Bigdaddy422@me.com
05-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello, my laptop died and luckily was able to get an older desktop computer, a emachines w5233, from a family member. I was very interested in building my own from scratch but i do not have all of the cash at once, so figured why not try replacing things on the desktop making it better over time.
I recently upgrade my video card, wanted to play diablo, and was wanting to upgrade something else, but have no further knowledge about compatablities and other deeper questions. I was thinking about maybe upgrading from a pentium D to maybe the Generation after that one. I figured it wouldnt be as much money. After that obviously it would be the RAM since its cheap.
I am just looking for direction. Where do i begin? Any help would be much appreciated.

skytec
05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Hello! In order to help you, I will need to know the specifications of your computer. There is a program called CPU-ID that can be downloaded here (http://www.cpuid.com/). Please post the manufacturer and model of your motherboard, the manufacturer, size, and type of your RAM, the model and clock speed of your CPU, the model of your new video card, and any other information you think is neccesary. Thank you for posting!:D