PDA

View Full Version : Cable management in the Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Case

beclet
05-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of building my new monster PC, and need some help before I buy my case.
I want to buy the Cooler Master Cosmos Pure (or possibly another case from the Cosmos range, but not the ultra tower as it is to tall to fit under my desk).
Alot of reviews say that Cooler Master failed with the smaller Cosmos cases (such as the Cosmos Pure, Cosmos S, Cosmos 1000 etc) in the cable management area. Please watch this video for further details on what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=384gy3-IZnU#t=384s
I am just wondering and hoping if someone has managed to successfully route their cables neatly through this case and managed to get the side panel back on properly unlike in the above video.
I really really want this case, as it has 4 front USB ports and is very nice looking and would fit my parts correctly.

Thanks!

zburns
05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi beclet, welcome to the forums.

I looked at your video; it is a most unprofessional video from the standpoint of the 'guys' trying to get their point across. I would not put much into what they were saying.

That said, I googled 'Cooler Master Cosmos Pure' reviews and looked thru the first three to five pages trying to find one 'legitimate' review by a professional reviewer -- could not find a single one. This does not mean there is not some good reviews out there.

The only suggestion I have is to take a look at Newegg for the case. When I looked at Newegg, I wound up with this link for the case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119214

I suggest you use this link for Newegg and then take a look at the reviews on the Newegg 'Cooler Master Cosmos Pure' page. There are approx three pages of reviews with 60% five 'eggs' and 24% four 'eggs'. These are all builder reviews and should give you some idea of what you would be getting.

-----------
Back to the video, that side section for hiding cables looks to be about 5/8 to 3/4 inch thick (this is a guess). The thickness will obviously hold the 'cable diameters' and the plug housings as long as they are a flat position -- sort of looks that way to me -- but those two guys said little and just 'acted out' inside of being 'definitive' about what the 'cable hiding area would do and not do'. Hope I am making sense. Maybe a phone call to coolermaster tech support would help -- they are bound to have someone who can tell you something definitive about the cable hiding area and how well it works.

beclet
05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Wow didn't expect such a professional response. Thankyou very much, I will look into it further with the info you have given me :)