PDA

View Full Version : Help please I'm new to this: may not even be a problem.

inquisitivePC
04-09-2012, 05:26 PM
When I first turn on my pc it says "ASUS motherboard" "press del to enter bios" for a split second and then it loads windows. Is this normal?
I thought if you were booting from the HDD first it wouldn't show "ASUS motherboard" at all and the verry first thing you would see is loading windows.
Is it booting from the HDD first?
Thnaks :confused:

zburns
04-09-2012, 07:30 PM
If you set your boot order in the BIOS to 'boot from the HD', then that is what it is doing. Initially you will see several black screens, white lettering, all very fast, not enough time to read anything. What you are describing seems normal because in order to enter the BIOS, you have to begin 'pressing' delete in an 'On/Off' fashion in order to get into BIOS.

One question I wanted to ask and that is are you following Rob's book or the Online Assembly instructions? I assume you are doing things according to his 'order of assembly' for your build.

RickyTick
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Sounds normal. You could turn off the splash screen in the BIOS and you won't see the Asus Logo when booting up. Just disable "Full Screen Logo".

inquisitivePC
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks, turns out it's just a normal splash screen and I am booting from the HDD. However I have to use a usb extension cable for my keyboard and mouse and so right after the splash screen I get "a second splash screen" telling me "no keyboard detected". I read in the motherboard manual that it can't detect a keyboard unless it's plugged directly into the motherboard (mine is on the other end of a usb cable). I guess its ok to have a second splash screen? Keyboard and mouse are useable when windows boots up.