PDA

View Full Version : Fans and stuff work but no screen

LightningTeg
08-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Now this is a really interesting problem. Since I am going away to college in a few days I thought It would be wise to upgrade to a smaller case and get a quieter, better heatsink for my CPU. I have a LGA 775 925x P4 3.0 ghz if it matters. The day I got my heatsink I powered down and took the old one off and put the new one it and now the computer wont start anymore. All fans work and such (I dont hear the harddrive and the disk drives down work) but there is no picture and no beeping, although I am not sure if I have the speaker hooked in? Well I got my new case yesterday and I moved everything over to the new one (took EVERYTHING) apart and repositioned) and I go to boot up and still have this problem. I just tryed the CMOS reset but that didnt do anything but when i pluged my PSU everything turned on real quick and then turned off.

Amosmoses33
08-10-2007, 09:41 AM
did you remove the processor when you changed heatsink? make sure you didnt bend any pins or such. otherwise i cant think of any logical explanation from just changing a heatsink.