PDA

View Full Version : New pc builder, help needed!

W7RD
02-03-2012, 06:52 PM
hey everyone, i really hope this is an active forum. I'm doing my first pc build of my life... on my own. i've looked at tons of tutorials on youtube and throughout the internet but nothing seems to be helping me out. I'm currently building a pc with an and fx 4100 processor sapphire radeon graphics card and an asus m5a 78l-m lx motherboard. i have everything plugged in and the green led light on the motherboard turns on. but i can't get the computer as a whole to turn on at all. no turning on then turning off or any activity. i've tried shorting the two prongs to turn it on but nothing seems to get anything on. i know i may seem very vague but its bc i've never built a computer before and i need some extreme assistance. if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated!
ps. does anyone build computers for a profit on these forums? just another side noted question
thanks and gig em
W7RD

ARchamps
02-06-2012, 07:49 AM
There is a chance that your mobo may need a BIOS update in order to support the new FX processors. I'll take a look into that when I get a chance. Have you tried resetting the CMOS? That usually requires taking out the battery and/or resetting the jumper. Refer to the mobo bios. Please post the rest of your PC specs as well.