PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: fan help

qzor123
01-29-2012, 08:08 PM
with the specs on here: http://www.mysuperpc.com/ i need to know what fans or cooling systems that i need please help I'm kinda new

zburns
01-30-2012, 08:44 AM
qzor123, welcome to the forums!

Generally speaking, the case you select will have the fans necessary for 'case' circulation and cooling. Your cpu depending on 'how hard' you run it (meaning overclocking) will need an effective cooler, but first you must choose the cpu, and, decide if 'gaming' and 'overclocking' is of major interest to you.

I suggest you look at previous builds posted on this site in the last several months; also, look at Ricky Tick's 'suggested mid range and high end builds'. Then provide a 'list of components' and forum members can comment based on your list.

ARchamps
01-31-2012, 10:40 AM
zburns pretty much nailed it. I'll just add a couple things:

Usually, most low budget cases (less than $50) only come with 1 or 2 case fans. For a casual user (no heavy gaming) this is probably sufficient. You can always add more if the case has enough slots for them. Most mid to higher end cases come with 4-5 fans.

CPU fans/coolers are different than case fans, as they are soley for cooling the processor. Retailed-boxed processors (90% of the ones you will see) will come with a stock cooler. OEM processors do not come with it, and you have to buy a after-market one (mainly for overclockers - i.e the X79 processors). If you don't plan to overclock your system, the stock one is more than sufficient.

Hope that helps, Let us know if you have any questions!