PDA

View Full Version : Another first-timer

Davidbzr
01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Hello I wanted some help for building my first computer. I'll skip some parts like video card (I already own one).

Power Supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

That's all I have so far... I'm not sure wich motherboard to get or for what reasons should I get one, for what I've look this are my two options so far: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 and ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel.

The reason for the computer: I just want a high perfomance pc without laggs (i'm a bit of a multitasker) I play poker online and I open 12+ tables at the same time, I also would like to play some mainstreen videogames like COD, Final Fantasy, fifa 12, etc. (Please skip video card advices ATM) I'm on a medium budget. I don't need a High-en machine I can be categorized on Casual Gamer. Please help.

Davidbzr
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I just want a cheap build that could let me multi task without lagg... Ilustrator, photoshop, skype, music, messenger, +30 web pages at the same time and virtual DJ open at the same time without lagg. And with I can play good but not so high-tech games like, last crysis, last mass effect, last total war, last fifa, last GTA, etc, with all graphics to high. That doesn't make too much noise.

RickyTick
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Take a look at the Budget Builds in my signature below. The "Step Above" might be exactly what you're looking for.

ARchamps
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Do you have a $$ figure in mind for the budget? You cant go wrong with either brand of Motherboards. Personally, I prefer the ASUS as I have one and it hasn't given me any troubles. What video card do you currently have?

In terms of RAM, 4GB is probably fine but 8GB is pretty cheap these days (~$50). Case is all about preference. I wouldn't spend over $80-90 on a budget PC case. The PSU you chose is fine. Hard drives are pretty pricey right now, so if you have one... stick with it.

Good luck! Check the stickies for ideas. My build (in my sig) cost me about $1000.