PDA

View Full Version : Simple question about a case

Anthony
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
This has got to be a very stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm getting the Antec 900 case for my new system I'll be building. It comes with 2 USB and one FireWire ports in the front. My question is, where to these ports connect to? The mobo? If so, do the 2 USB ports require two spots on the mobo?
Jamie, I think you said you have this case. Maybe you could help.

Thanks
:confused:

Jamie Nixx
08-06-2007, 08:48 AM
All the USB connecters for the front panel come in whats called a block plug, which means that instead of being little individual leads, they are all stuck together to make it easier, on your motherboard, there will be lots of connecters, these are basically just pins that come out of the motherboard, you neeed to find the pins that say USB 01 and plug them into that, don't worry mate, all the plugs are labelled and your motherboard manual will tell you how to do it ;)

And no mate, you don't need two spots on the mobo, one socket as i call them on the motherboard will be enough, and you should have quite a few anyway, hope this helps:D

Anthony
08-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Jamie, thanks for the quick response, figured you could answer it.
Anthony

Jamie Nixx
08-06-2007, 12:59 PM
No worries mate, you won't be dissapointed with the Antec 900.

Make sure that you set all the fans to low speed, and then you won't be able to hear it.

If you need anymore advice ask away :)