PDA

View Full Version : Power Failure

MichaelAnderson74074
11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I built my PC according to the web site and used it for the last year with a great deal of pride, and then all of a sudden the computer shuts off and I cant get it started at all. I checked the chords and connections and nothings seems to get it started again. I really like the machine, but now I am dead in the water. I am thinking that the power supply went out and that is what I need to replace.

Case and Power supply are the Antec Sonata III with the EarthWatt 500 watt power supply.

This is my first computer so I am not all the great at trouble shooting things. Also if the power supply goes is there a risk that the other components are fried. There were no electrical surges and I had the computer protected by a surge protector. What are the steps I must take to get it up and running.

RickyTick
11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Sonata III has a 3 year warranty, so if it turns out to be the psu, then contact the place you bought it from.

The easiest way to determine if psu is the problem is to replace it with a known good psu. (borrowed from a friend)