PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Rob - and question

showme1946
09-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi, Rob
Great website, my tip is in the "paypal" mail. When I first went to register, I was told that my email address (xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com) was banned by the site administrator. I was able to register under another email address (xxxxxxxxxx@mchsi.com), but I was just wondering why my gmail address was banned. Did I do something wrong in the past that I have forgotten?

I do think you should amend your build instructions to tell builders not to worry too much about the 1 long-2 short beep pattern (which according to most instructions means there's a problem with the video card). After trying several things to remedy the issue, I just decided to forge ahead, since I had a normal display on my monitor. I was able to complete the intallation of the OS and all drivers, and my video card is functioning normally as far as i can tell.

I very nearly went out and bought a new video card, and now it appears that would have been an unnecessary expenditure.

thanks
George.

RickyTick
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Hello showme1946. I've edited out your email addresses. I don't want you to get any unwelcome email.

Rob has set the forums to ban all emails that are from "free" email services, like gmail or hotmail etc. This helps eliminate a lot of spam. You've done nothing wrong. Welcome to the forums.

Rob
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
RickyTick explained it perfectly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your strong support of the web-site. It's much appreciated.

I'm very surprised that you encountered the video card beep error and yet were able to carry-on. In my experience that beep code has meant the display was blank and it was impossible to go further. That's something I'll have to look for. Techology changes so who knows. Thanks for sharing your experience.