PDA

View Full Version : Help with ECS P45T-A2R. Won't install OS to hard drive. Well Won't recognize HD

Shortyspike
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a P45T-A2R motherboard with 4GB ram (tried 8 but it wouldn't boot up (even though the max ram is 16)) and an E5300 dual core 2.6Ghz processor. I installed a DVD-RW drive and an SATA 1TB White Label Hard Drive.

For some reason when I try to install the operating system the hard drive only shows up when I have my settings on RAID and the jumper in a certain position on my hard drive. And even when it shows up it still says I have to make sure my controller is enabled in my BIOS which I have checked a thousand times and it hasn't been disabled at all.

The only time I get to see my hard drive and prove its connected is not in the BIOS but only when I try and install WIndows 7 and it asks which partition I should choose. I click refresh once, wait 5 seconds AFTER it stopped searching and it pops up, sometimes have to click it twice. Sometimes not at all.

I need to know why my hard drive is acting like its retarded when the cables are connected correctly and it shouldn't even require a jumper. At least my other PC doesn't use one.

RickyTick
09-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I wish I could offer some help. You may want to contact ECS for tech support.

Shortyspike
09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Ok I could still really use some help if anyone has some similar issue.

When I have my jumper set on 5&6 the first 5 boot ups went the same. Got to the operating system install. Went to select the drive to install to. It shows up, but says I can't install. Further options show that I need to check my bios settings and enable my disk controller. I searched through the bios and the only setting is the SATA Controller (i dont remember the full name of the setting) but it is enabled. I changed the jumper setting around and changed from RAID to AHCI to see what would happen.

After some time of random jumper assortment. I switched back to RAID and jumper on 5&6. But the boot up left me depressed even more, as when I went to see the Drive to install the OS to it was not there. I changed the jumper again, still nothing.

WTF!!!???

RickyTick
09-13-2011, 07:35 AM
If you're replacing your hard drive and trying to load Windows from a disk that had previously been loaded on another hard drive, then there may be some licensing conflicts. But as far as jumpers and controllers on that particular motherboard, I just don't have any help to offer.