PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access Bios Menu

treavorbell
08-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey guys, I just installed 2 more 2gigg sticks of Rip Jaws Ram 12300 I believe. It is the blue colored ram that is made more for Intel but I have it in my AMD system. I already had 2 giggs (X2) in my computer. Since the RAM is not so AMD friendly I had to change voltage and timeing to make is run at recomended because AMD sets it at a "safe" range that its not called to be at. Anyways, After I installed the 2 addition sticks of RAM my computer it had a bit of trouble starting up meaning some errors occured. Could this be because the new RAM was set to safe setting and old RAM is at the adjusted setting that I set it at? Also, Since then I am unable to get into my bios menu because my keyboard is not reconized till AFTER windows is almost completely loaded.
Please help and thanks ahead of time.
Treavor

RickyTick
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey Treavor.

Am I correct in thinking that you have two different types of ram installed? If so, I would think that all sticks of ram should match up.

treavorbell
08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Actually this is not the case. All 4 sticks of RAM installed are the same. In fact my computer runs just fine at the moment. although I can no access the BIOS. Let me see if i can look up my specs and see if it will help a bit more.

This is all from NewEgg.com
This is what I Just installed -

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

And this is what I already have installed -

- GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

- ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

- AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

- Western Digital RE2 WD7500AYYS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

- ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DRW-2014L1T LightScribe Support

and Windows 7 64-Bit

I hope this helps.

RickyTick
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Do you remember what the ram voltage was set at in the bios? It's supposed to be at 1.65 volts. If not, that could be the problem. I don't understand why you can't get into the bios. That's strange.

treavorbell
08-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Well the computer seems to run just fine like I said; and yes the voltage is at 1.65v. But let's just think logicaly for a second. I am going to type out my thought process and maybe it will help someone else discover the unknown issue. Ok, new ram comes in, shut computer down, unplugged power and all connections, opened case, put on wrist straps, discharged my self on case, snaped in 2 new sticks of same type ram, blew off dust inside case, closed case, reconnected everything and turn computer on. Windows has a start error and I run auto fix for windows 7. I come back after 5 mins the computer is done and loaded. I turn off computer to try and check settings on ram in bios but my keyboard is not reconized untill after windows starts. Could it be a hardware problem with the keyboard? This is the only reason I can not get into bios is because I can not type del to enter bios.
Hope that helps a little bit more.
Thanks
Treavor.