PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 64 bit won't update

thejudges69
05-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Ok, if anyone read my previous thread then they'll know I just got my computer back working by repairing the windows corrupt file, BUT, now the computer does not what to do any of the updates. Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I can start an update and 2 hours later it is still preparing to install but finally it will either install or fail, This last time I got error code 643 last time I think it was 650 or 652 I don't remember. I guy I know thinks I have a virus, I can't seem to find anything that supports that other then this issue. The computer is not acting strange or shutting down or flickering for that matter. I've tried several things to repair and have yet to get it to straighten out. Any suggestions?

this is 1 update:
Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2467174)

this is the 2nd update:
Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2467175)

I even tried a couple small files that need updated like for my keyboard and mouse only like 154kb and they won't even install.

RickyTick
05-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Download and run malwarebytes. If it shows any malware, then delete it from your system. www.malwarebytes.com

When doing updates, trying doing just one at a time.

Do you have Microsoft Visual loaded on your system? If not, you shouldn't need these updates anyway.

thejudges69
05-30-2011, 09:22 PM
won't the norton 360 find malware? also I don't know what microsoft visual is

thejudges69
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
also, I've tried don'g the updates every way possible and it has the same outcome.

RickyTick
05-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Malwarebytes has a reputation of finding things when others can't. Plus it's free and easy to run. Once you try it, you can uninstall it.

You can google/bing Microsoft Visual, but I bet you don't even have it on your system.

thejudges69
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
ok I did a malware scan and it came up clean, I did however find a couple other issues, in my device manager I'm showing 2 network adapters, 1 is realtek rtl8168C and the second is a wan miniport (IP) the second one has the little ! traingle in it, It won't uninstall the WAN miniport one, what is that from? it was never there before.