PDA

View Full Version : No Hard Drive found error

MikeBraun
04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi all. New builder, everything seems ok up until second boot (I know, I know, WRONG forum....but since there's no second boot forum...). After 1st boot all seemed OK - recognized mem, HD etc. Then after installing DVD drive and running the WD Data Lifeguard diagnostics, an error pops up saying "NO DRIVE FOUND. ERROR/STATUS CODE: 0120"

On WD's support site for error 120 = ...An unknown error has occurred during testing. This may be an anomaly. Check connections and retest. If the error repeats, replace the drive.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or has any ideas on how to check connections when BIOS seems to recognize HD just fine.

Is it truly a bad drive?? Please say it ain't so... I'm truly hoping I'm just a moron.

Hard Drive - WD Black Caviar (WDC 7501AALS-00E3A0)

zburns
04-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi Mike, welcome to the forums. Over the last 3/4 months, there have been similiar situations the way you describe yours. If you have a Gigabyte mobo similar to what Rob recommends in his on line build (Assembly Web Pages), problem may be BIOS settings in Integrated Perpherals.

Under Section First Boot Problem in the Forums, the Thread by "Call me Al" is what you want to look at; it is 8 pages long, Go to Post # 79 on page 8 and he lists the BIOS settings in Integrated Perpherals that got him over the problem. Here is a link to page 8 in that thread, post 79 on that page. Hope it helps! http://forums.mysuperpc.com/showthread.php?3767-Drives-not-recognized/page8

MikeBraun
04-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks! Had to change it from AHCI to IDE for the diagnostics to work and then everything was fine.