PDA

View Full Version : First Boot, drives are sometimes recognized...other times not.

beth
03-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Hi all! This is my first time building. I used all of the parts that were recommended in the Super PC online manual except for the video card, as I had one already and am using it until the other arrives.

So I did the first boot, and it was fine.

The second boot was not as good. I went into the Bios and did all of the settings as recommended. I noticed that the DVD and hard drive are showing up strange. (I have reconnected them more than once to see if anything changes.) For one, sometimes one is showing up as a slave and other times they don't show at all. I have seen where nothing shows, I go out of that area in set up and come back and they are showing. But, when I try to load the OS I get an error \Boot\BCD status Oxc00000e9 info an unexpected i/o has occurred.

I read some of the forum, and removed and reinserted the memory. I redid the cables on the HD and the DVD drive. Other than that? i also tried to put the disc for the diagnostics in, but it didn't show. I do note that when it asked me for the Operating System disc, I put it in and hit enter, it tried to read it, but the error above came up.

I also noted in the boot manager an error that said realtek something was unplugged?

Any ideas?

thanks,
beth