PDA

View Full Version : What temperature ranges should I be seeing??

mastagolf
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Sorry if this has been covered in other posts. I was not able to find my answer...

I built a PC with AMD x6 1075 thubian

I am seeing a range of 15c - 20c on the CPU temperature. What is the range I should be running at?

Also, I have a GTX570 and wanted to know about what temps that should be at as well.

Everything seems to be running fine but am curious if I am in the correct range

Thanks for any help

zburns
03-06-2011, 08:43 AM
For good information on the 570 gpu, I suggest you go to this link for Guru3D review on the card. It is 21 pages long and will contain laboratory quality temp info. It may not be the specific manufacturer you have but it will be close. Here is the link: http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-570-review/1

As for the cpu, the best accurate representation of your cpu comes from your Hardware Monitor within the BIOS. Here again, I am guessing but I would expect something in the low 40s centigrade. However, again, I suggest you google your cpu cat # and look for a Guru3d review, first, if not them, use one of the several (near the top) reviewers listed. For example, google "i7-950 reviews Guru3D" -- this type entry will bring up reviewers and not distributors.

I will post this and take a look myself since your cpu is a six core and post back!

zburns
03-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Here is the Guru 3D link to a review on your cpu. It appears to be a good complimentary review. Here is the link: http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-phenom-ii-x6-1075t-970be-645-processor-review/6

max temps under OC rates are around 45 degrees, and idle temps under 30 degrees. This is all I found out -- did not read or scan the whole review. Suggest you monitor temps coming from the BIOS and email AMD support for their response or look for other forum comments for this cpu. Take a look at your temps under a 'game' condition. If you are in the high 30s or low 40s that sounds like it would compare to the Guru temps under OC conditions, at least in the ball park.

Also, it is unusual high temps that you worry about; however, in any event, you should confirm that your BIOS operating temp is a normal temp for what you are doing -- just a confirmation that everything is ok -- so I would contact AMD, report your temps and see what they say.

I did find it frustrating to look for these temps on this AMD hex core; there was very little help out there.