PDA

View Full Version : For several years now...Then!

Piginapoke
02-03-2011, 12:02 PM
I have run "My Super PC" which I built according to the instructions on this page, I have the M2N32-SLI Deluxe wireless motherboard, the EVGA graphics card and the other ASUS drivers for the mother board. I also have windows XP2. Now XP3 will not work with the AMD processor. I think it is Am2, but XP3 won't work with Am2. Everything was alright until a couple weeks ago. Now XP2 won't install. I keep getting errors saying things like..Software conflicts causing windows not to start...Missing files like system32/Windows32 etc.. Now I don't know for sure if the OS is unstable or not, could also be the Harddrive. The OS is an old CD I have been using. But it will install on occasion, but after I install Asus drivers and I am on the Web a few hours the whole thing crashes. I really think myself it is the OS, but a new OS is not cheap. I have thought about Windows 7. I was lucky enough to install the Windows 7 adviser and it said to update the Graphics adapter and do a custom installation of Win 7 and install all drivers. Do you think Win 7 will work since XP3 won't work with Am2 processors. Or does Win 7 have anything to do with AM2. I was thinking of using Windows XP Home edition since it is a bit cheaper than the Pro edition.