PDA

View Full Version : Strange Audio Output Issue - Thoughts Please

Spackler
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
This is kind of a random problem. Any ideas would be helpful.

When I run audio output directly into my powered M-Audio studio monitors, I'm thoroughly impressed with the sound I'm getting out of my new Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. Very clean, no hiss.

However, when I run the audio through my Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro mixing board, and then run the board into monitors, I get a distinct hiss. When my HDD is doing something intensive, the hiss gets worse, with a pulsing static and high pitched whistle -- with the HDD activity light on my corsair box flickering along in perfect sync with the extra static and whistle sounds above the basic hiss when the HDD is idle.

Now, my first assumption was the obvious -- Heck, something is wrong with the Mackie board creating the hiss. However, when I line television or other input into the board with the Asus P8 P67 Pro disconnected, there's no his through the monitors.

The problem therefore appears to be in the interaction between the Mackie and the Asus P8 P67 Pro.

Eventually I'll be rigging in an external M-Audio Firewire 410 recording interface to assume sound card duties, but I'm still curios if there are any ideas on why there exists this conflict between two otherwise happy alone devices.

Moreover, anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve it?

Much appreciated.

Spackler