PDA

View Full Version : /!\ Failed to update disk property! dialogue post DLGDIAG zeros test

Spackler
01-23-2011, 12:58 PM
After running the WD diagnostics write zeros tests, both quick and full, I've twice received a /!\ Failed to update disk property! message at the end of the test. /!\ = an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. However, the dialog box gives me a green check mark and a note that the test completed successfully. The plain quicktest gives me a "pass" in the test results area, but the zeros tests show "complete" only. Currently running the extended test.

Anything to worry about? I've searched the notice around the web, but nothing really conclusive that it's specifically an issue.

Update: Extended Test passed. I'm assuming the fact that both zeros tests completed, that all is well. Please let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks

bsteph10
01-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello,

I'm getting the same error on a refurbished drive shipped to me from WD as an RMA. I ran the Extended test first (which passed) and then got this error when I did the "Write 0's." Hopefully, we'll find out what this means.

Bryan