PDA

View Full Version : my super laptop?=)

sexydoe
07-21-2007, 11:25 PM
hi rob, i'm looking for a laptop but again it's hard to find wut's the best bang for the buck. I'm a comp noob from aus....mayb u can help!! thanx!

Owned
07-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Building a laptop is very difficult...

sexydoe
07-22-2007, 09:32 PM
sry about that...wut i meant is which laptop i should get so i can get the best outta my money...not to build a laptop ^^

The Wise Monkey
07-23-2007, 07:56 AM
I would only ever recommend 3 types of laptop: Dell, Apple and Sony.

Dell because they are cheap, work well and very customisable.

Apple because they look great, work well, are very secure, but can be expensive.

Sony because they are very high quality laptops.

If you are in the UK, you can get a Sony Vaio from www.dabs.com for £570 - an excellent price.

Here is the link: http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=49J7&InMerch=1

Owned
07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
I personally do not like Dell laptops and I have only had trouble with them.

I would suggest Compaq/HP. Since I've purchased them, they've lasted... I haven't had a problem with them at all. They're cheap and some people say they're made poorly because of this, but I disagree.

dadbuilt
07-27-2007, 06:13 AM
The HP dv9030-40-60-us is a nice laptop with highend cpu and graphic's and can be had for around $1000us refurbed from HP or ebay. It's where I got my wife's from. Laptops are not that hard to build I've built 7 over the last year and a half. You just need the correct parts and be able to work on a smaller scale tool wise and at a slower pace and have a nice clean brightly lit work area in which to learn. Most white box barebones laptops are pretty easy to work with for your first build. I chose a case by clevo for myself there the one used buy the voodoopc on the ENVY H:171 and alienware with their m9700 both have a 17inch screen that is jaw dropping.