PDA

View Full Version : MSE and printer issue

thejudges69
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I just spoke with Lexmark about my printer, there saying that the issue is MSE because it has tendancy to block printer functionality. I explained that i have to restart the computer and the printer almost everytime i need to use it and that it gets stuck in the middle of print jobs. I'm running a lexmark X7675 on windows 7. Has anyone else run into this problem. usually after i restart, the printer will then work fine and usually spits out all the back logged print jobs.

Or can anyone give me pointers on what needs to be done to fix this? He mentioned a firewall issue but i don't know, he didn't go far into detail.

The Wise Monkey
01-14-2011, 12:36 PM
You could try adding the Lexmark printing executable to the excluded files/processes in MSE and see if that makes a difference. These options are found in the settings tab.

From a bit of Googling, it does appear to be a known issue, but there doesn't seem to be an available fix. Do you have the latest version of MSE (v2)?

thejudges69
01-15-2011, 11:09 PM
mine is saying that i have MSE 1.95 and its updated, maybe i'm doing something wrong on the updating. I'm curious if different printers will react different. The MSE seems to be a great virus program and the fact that its free is awesome :)

Lexmark is recommending shutting off MSE, uninstalling the printer driver, reinstalling and updating and then turning MSE back on, i haven't had time to try this yet and i'm pretty sure thats how i did it the last time.

Also i googled it as well and your right it seems to be a problem.