PDA

View Full Version : for some reason my Homebuilt Desktop when

General_Lee1986
12-13-2010, 11:48 AM
I scroll up and down on the webpage it makes the fan speed up and down is that normal?

My computers Specs
DG45ID Motherboard with E8400
HIS 4+ Turbo 1 Gig 4870 Graphics Card
500 gig HD
iHes blu-ray player and DVD burner
Corsair HX620 Power Supply
2 1gig PNY Ram
Hauppage WinTV Tuner 1800 in a LanBox case by Thermaltake.

RickyTick
12-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I would be tempted to disassemble everything and then re-assemble. That's too strange of a problem to be something simple.

zburns
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
(This line an edit after I wrote the entire post below). The first thing to do is carefully check your wiring of wires involved with fan connections to see if everything is wired according to your manual.

I do not think you have a component failure in the sense that some chip on one of the boards is bad. Ricky's idea to disassemble and reassemble is valid. You might look for a interconnect wire by itself that is pinched somewhere, say for example a wire was barely under a screw head and the insulation pinched so that it was grounded. When you mounted the mobo to the standoffs, I assume you mounted the mobo directly to the standoffs; you did not, for any reason, put washers between the mounting screws and standoffs (particularly underneath the mobo on top of the standoffs). Another possibility is that something like a 'fan plug' (any of your small plugs) that go to various headers (your manual will show the location of all of them); any possibility that a plug is 'shifted' one pin in one direction. Because you link the scroll bar to the fan makes me keep thinking a wire either grounded accidentially (pinched) or a wire (pinched) making accidental contact with a conductive point on the mobo or any unintended connection via a wire pinch to anything.

Make sure all wires and where they enter their respective pins on a plug are not touching something else, stripped wire too long touching anything, etc.. Look at everything, every plug connection; look for anything that looks out of the ordinary.

When you say that your fan speed goes up and down as you scroll up / down the webpage -- are you saying it happens 'selectively' or just some of the time, just on one webpage but not all others, etc.?

What about your mouse (wireless or wired --if wired, check the wiring for a short or ground) -- anyway to change it out, try a different mouse.

Does hitting the "Enter Key" to take the cursor from the top toward the bottom cause the same problem of do the fans stay steady?

What about the up/down keys, they move the cursor, does the prob occur with the up/down keys and the mouse or just with one or the other; if the up/down keys do not cause it and the mouse does, change the mouse.

(Just ideas I am throwing out).

General_Lee1986
12-21-2010, 05:01 PM
It happens just some of the time or every once in a while and no it doesn't when I use the arrow keys yeah I changed to a wired mouse and that seems to have worked and updated my video card driver and software and that helped with it too.