PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to upgrade PSU.

2trees
11-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Last year, April I followed your build instructions and had the great pleasure of creating your super PC, which has given me, a silver surfer, many hours of pleasure. The MB is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR rev1.0 with Processor Intel core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775 . I manipulate photos and videos and have recently installed a new prog. Camtasia which when running swamps my CPU, 9O +. Rendering other tasks impossible. What would you recommend, can I upgrade, or do I rethink my modus operandi. But is great, thank-you so much.

RickyTick
11-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Just looking at the system requirements for Camtasia, I don't see why your system would have any problems with it. How much ram do you have in you system? What is running in the background that could be slowing things down?

2trees
12-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks Ricky, appreciate your reply. The task manager was indicating CPU readings in excess of 90+ , for the Camtasia exe at the time. Also running would have been my video files from which I am compiling a presentation with the s.ware.I may have been using my ISP to pick up some more Data. As I use XP Pro. I installed max as per the build 2x 2G kits. So perhaps the plot thickens ? Rgds.

RickyTick
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
A couple of months ago I created a video tutorial using a program called Wink. It's very similar to Camtasia, but maybe not as powerful, idk. At the time, I was using a Q6600 processor and 4gb of DDR2 ram. It ran perfectly with no slowdowns or problems. I can't imagine why it's consuming 90% of your cpu. There's got to be something goofy going on there. Maybe someone else here can offer some ideas. Have you checked with Camtasia for help too?