PDA

View Full Version : Help! OS will not load after working fine for week+

1g8surfer
11-27-2010, 02:03 PM
My second build using a MSI 890GXM-G65 MB, G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 4 x2gb memory, hatachi 1 ter HD, windows XPpro x64bit. System works fine for about a week then OS will not load and I get a error message that reads "some data lost in registry hive". Replaced HD Western Digital to hatachi, reloaded OS, same error. Replaced sony dvd drive with LG drive, Reloaded OS, same error. Received new MB from MSI, Reinstalled everything, worked great for about a week then OS would not load with same error message. Incompatible Memory? Incompatible OS? Any Ideas out there? I replaced the MB Battery, no change.

Deneb
12-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Sorry you are having so many problems. That sounds very frustrating. I’m also sorry to so long for somebody to back you.

If you read the reviews over at Newegg they are horrible for this board. especially since September 1, 2010. I recommend you return it for a refund and get a different motherboard.

Both Seagate and Western Digital allow you to download a file that will allow you to make a boot CD diagnostic disk. I would just use the disk to do a full diagnostic. As an extra step I would have used a Windows XP disc with service pack three slipstreamed into it to do a full format just to make sure there are no bad sectors. But theoretically the manufactures diagnostic disk should perform this function by itself.

If Windows loaded and booted I think it would indicate that the DVD burner is just fine.

Changing out the motherboard battery is unnecessary. To clear the BIOS you want to remove the battery and wait 30 minutes and then reinstall the battery.

Check out the following motherboard. The reviews on this one versus yours are like night and day. While a few people had problems with this motherboard for the most part it seems to be good.

By reading the reviews for these two boards in depth I also noticed that two separate people, one on each motherboard, stated that they seem to have gotten used motherboards when they were expecting new.

GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard $110.00

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128444

1g8surfer
12-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks for your input. I purchased a new XP Pro OS because of a licensing concern of the original OS and had the same result, worked fine for about a week with all current updates loaded then OS failed to load with registry errors. I think it's time to look for a different motherboard. Thanks again, will post updates on any changes.