PDA

View Full Version : GoBack???

kanebrasi
07-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Rob, I see you mention GoBack software a lot, but I can't find it. Has the name changed? Do you still recommend it or do you like something else? Thanks

-Kane Brasi

Rob
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
There's a link to it on my home page under Software.

http://www.mysuperpc.com

Yes, I like it and use it. It's very handy for PC building. If you make a mistake or install a regrettable driver then it's easy to back up to the step before the installation.

Usually I leave it running even after the computer is built. It's come in handy many times. But it can cause disk intensive operations to run a little slower. And I've seen it cause certain computer configurations to have a slow shutdown.

kanebrasi
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
It appears that symantec has taken over GoBack and renamed it Norton Save & Restore 2.0. Not sure though.

kanebrasi
07-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Rob,

I found out that you can only get GoBack if you buy Norton SystemWorks. Seems like a waste. Not to mention having to install all the crap you don't need along with it. Is there any other backup image software you would recommend?

Thanks

The Wise Monkey
07-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I used to use Norton Ghost - not sure if this is still available though. In a pinch, Windows System Restore is not too bad - just don't rely on it. :D