PDA

View Full Version : MSI R5570-MD1G 1 GB 128 Bit GDDR3

hhcochris
11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
So I guess I'm a little backwards when it comes to this whole process. I just recently finished building my first PC, and instead of asking the questions before I purchased everything, I jumped the gun and just went for it. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus M4A89TD PRO/USB3
CPU:AMD Phenom x4 970 Black Edition
Hard Drive:WD Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB
Blue Ray Burner:LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner iHBS112
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3
Memory:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Case(not that it probably matters, but):APEVIA X-DREAMER3

I'm not a huge gamer, but may consider getting into the more "resource demanding" games in the future. I mainly am looking at this as a "whole house media control center". I intend to run as much as I can through the computer (including an HD projector). I just purchased an MSI R5570-MD1G Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 video card (got it on sale, so I figured what the heck...). According to MSI's website, it is crossfire compatible, but I also read user reviews that said it isn't. I figured this might come in to play later if I plan on playing some of the better games on the projector. Since I just did my own research and didn’t really ask advice on my build, I assume I probably went overboard on some areas, and I skimped in some areas too. I guess what I’m wondering is 1) Is the card I purchased REALLY crossfire X compatible with my motherboard? 2) If I want to have my 2 HD monitors as well as an HD Video out (Blu-Ray/the ability to use the projector as a 3rd monitor-the projector has all the inputs-HDMI, VGA, D-Sub) am I able to do this by using the Video card I purchased (I don’t think I can do any combination with the integrated graphics on the motherboard…Radeon 4290), or do I need to get another (either the same video card for crossfire-if possible, or a completely different) video card to do this? 3) Is the memory I have sufficient to handle any of the above mentioned tasks, or should I look into either getting another pair of the 2x2GB or even 2x4GB? Also, feel free to comment/suggest anything if you see something else I should do with my current configuration. Sorry for the long post and I know this is kind of a “mixed question” re: video card/hardware/computer build…Thanks for the help!