PDA

View Full Version : New Build - Feedback Sought

jindogae
07-18-2007, 02:29 AM
While South Korea may be one of the world’s leading technology innovators getting what you want here is not all that easy. For several years my wife and I have been running on two Toshiba Satellite notebooks that are now severely slow and cumbersome for our needs, so a new desktop is planned. However, being told what we could not have in our intended system – either a Dell or an HP – rather than what we could have it was decided to put one together. Now, I’m no whiz and may eventually get my local comp shop here – despite language difficulties – to put the thing together; although I am seriously considering doing it myself. Having said that, I’d appreciate feedback on the proposed system (below) which is expected to do a heap of video and photo work along with a game or two.

Item Product
OS Dual 32/64 bit OS running XP Pro S2 and Vista Ultimate
Case Thermaltake Armor --- VA8003BWS
CPU Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 or Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700
CPU Cooling Thermaltake BLUE ORB II (블루오브2)
Motherboard Asus Striker Extreme
Memory OCZ DDR2 PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition (am having trouble getting the Corsair memory here in Korea)
Graphics 2 x XFX 8800GTS TripleX 320MB DDR3 M580 in SLI mode
Sound Creative Sound Blaster X-fi XtremeMusic
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 W0133RU
BAYS
1 Zalman ZM-MFC2 fan controller
2 Includes Power & 3.5” Bay Scythe YD series floppy & Card Reader/writer
3 Thermaltake A1994 5’25” Professional Multi-Media Kits – CircleFire, Speaker w/ Meter Function,
4 Thermaltake Pure Power Express Dual Graphics Power Supply
5 & 6 Black Soundgraph iMON Ultra Bay(2 bays)
7 Primary ODD Samsung Black Super-WriteMaster™ SH-S203B
8 DVD ROM Yet to be decided upon
9 HDD OS & Apps WD S-ATA 150G (10K/16M) WD1500ADFD 정품 Raptor X
10 & 11 2 x WD 750gb 7500AAAkS (in RAID 0)

The Wise Monkey
07-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Holy sh...

You obviously have money to burn - that rig is going to smoke anything on the market at the moment.

Hell, thats faster than some of the servers I'm using!

Jamie Nixx
07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
YOU CRAZY MOFO :p :D

WoW that comp is going to blast anything away.

jindogae
07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Holy sh...

You obviously have money to burn - that rig is going to smoke anything on the market at the moment.

Hell, thats faster than some of the servers I'm using!

Fast Yes, money to burn - not really. I see it as an investment in current and future expandability and workloads.:cool:

The Wise Monkey
07-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Good call - investing in the future is always good. This rig will be futureproof for a good few years at the very least. :D