PDA

View Full Version : Video Capture Device

Prospect
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Rob,

I want to buy a video capture device to convert all my VHS to DVDs. I don't want to spent too much money because I've seen some that get a little pricey. One of my questions is: Do you prefer internal video capture card or an external, and why? Second is which card or device do you recomend? Thank you.

Rob
02-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry. I haven't done this myself and don't have any recommendations.

Prospect
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
If somebody knows something about this topic can you help me out? Thanks:confused:

DemonicDerek
03-07-2007, 11:22 PM
They probably couldn't do that becuase a VHS can't fit the width constraints of a computer case. Unless they bring out a new pc case regulation thing (what I mean is atx is a size well they could make the new regulation thing atvhs...lol).

Prospect
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
I don't think you understand what I'm asking. Here's a site of a few of them, all I'm asking is recommendations:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=video+capture+card&Submit=ENE&N=0&Ntk=all

Thanks

Rob
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I know I've read very good things about Hauppauge for this sort of thing.

XYZ
05-12-2007, 12:11 AM
I have done this in the past, but not the recent past. I used an internal capture device, the model of which I would bet is obsolete. It was made by PixelView, and was called the XCapture. At the time, it was kind of old already, but still did a good job. Cost around 42 bucks about 3 years ago or so.

DemonicDerek
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I have done this with my dad's new computer and with windows media center its a complicated thing that requires you to set up your VCR as a Set-top Box (hopfully your vcr has an IR device becuase mce REQUIRES one which I think is just stupid).

Haupagge is great for these things it is what I used the picture quallity is great even on my tv in the other room (which is 22"x22" roughly).

Internal or exteral are ok I used internal because well internal is just something I like better but with firewire or USB 2.0 i bet the speed is just about the same so it is up to your personal preference.

ralphf926
10-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Pinnacle makes a product called Dazzle. It's relatively inexpensive ($60 - $70) and will convert VHS tapes to DVDs via your hard drive. You connect the Dazzle adapter to your VHS video and audio outputs and to your PC using a USB port. Fire up the software and capture the video to your hard drive by playing the VHS tape. Burn the DVD and off you go.

priji
01-20-2008, 11:34 PM
thanks information.