PDA

View Full Version : Site problems

The Wise Monkey
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Has the site been down a few times recently for anyone else, or is it just me? :confused:

Rob
10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I haven't noticed it being down, but it's possible I've missed when it happened. Occassionally I get a batch of e-mails indicating VBulletin encountered errors. When that happens the forum gets slow.

The Wise Monkey
10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I've hardly been able to access it at all over the past couple of days and when I have, most things are really slow and return a database error...

Rob
10-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I've got literally a 1000 messages in my inbox indicating vbulletin errors. I'll see if anything can be done about it. I can also try upgrading to the newest version of vbulletin.

The Wise Monkey
10-21-2010, 05:10 PM
All seems to be OK for me now, so fingers crossed that whatever was wrong is now sorted.

Rob
10-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Yesterday was a good day. No inbox full of vbulletin errors. It's weird why it suddenly happens like that. Makes me think it must be a server issue rather than a vbulletin issue. The problem is there are not enough SQL connections, which I believe is configured for the server, not the domain. I mean, maybe VBulletin could be better to not need so many SQL connections or something, who knows, but the number probably depends on how many users are on the board at once or that are doing a certain action at once. It could even depend on how many spammers are trying to get in (most don't make it because of the banned list - it's down to about 1 a day get in - with a new domain added to the banned list).

A lot of time the problem occurs in the early a.m., but not always. I've seen it in the mid-afternoon and evening, too.

Anyway, I plan to update to the latest version of VBulletin by Thanksgiving.

Rob
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
For the past week or so the message board performance has been quite good and I haven't received any VBulletin error notices. Nothing's changed on my end so who knows why the server is managing better. Maybe they've made some configuration changes or maybe other web-sites on the same server are a factor.

The Wise Monkey
11-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I've had no problems for a while. Guess they sorted themselves out. :)