PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is happening?

Jamie
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
My 6-yr old hard drive completely crashed (luckily I had a backup of my files) and I mistakenly let CompUSA install a new hard drive. I planned on formatting it myself and reloading all the software. Got the computer home, plugged it in and then....nothing. No spinning of the fan in the power supply or the CPU fan, no post, nothing. I unplugged the new hard drive from the power supply and from the motherboard, but still the same thing...nothing! What did they do? They're closed now and I can't even call them to ask. What do you think?

Jamie Nixx
07-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Sounds like your power supply is broken.

When you turn the comp on in there any activity i.e. lights turning on or anything?

Jamie
07-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Sounds like your power supply is broken.

When you turn the comp on in there any activity i.e. lights turning on or anything?
Yes. The light on the power button blinks, but doesn't do a thing if I press it. Also, a small light on the mother board lights up.

Rob
07-13-2007, 12:10 PM
It's probably something simple. Maybe they left the power switch on the power supply in the off position. Or maybe they left the power connector to the motherboard disconnected. Something like that. In any event, if you don't find the cause yourself then they should be able to straighten it our right away.

dadbuilt
07-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Make sure to check your case and component wires. Also around your case for any loose screws that might short out part of your board. Those guys drop srews in pc'c during installs all the time and don't bother to take them out.