PDA

View Full Version : No Signal To Monitor...

ET3RN4L 323
09-03-2010, 01:49 PM
ive been in the process of building my second gaming rig fr the past couple weeks and ive run into an issue that has stopped me dead. the monitor isnt recieving a signal from my pc but the monitor has had an issue with my last rig where it would only receive a signal through the dvi port but that doesnt work on this pc and theres no way to test the vga output due to my motherboard having a female vga output rather than the standard male output. i tried multiple psu's and gpu's and still nothing changed so i was told it might be the mobo so i RMAed it and got the new one yesterday installed and still the same problem. im beginning to think it may be the cpu but even then shouldnt i at least get a bios screen? i didnt even boot up with ram but i will try it just in case. i had some sticks i returned to buy a different set so ill have to try with the ram from my old pc. here are the specs of what im dealing with

MSI 770 g45 AM3-mobo
Gigabyte gtx 460-gpu
Coolermaster GX 750w-psu
AMD 3.1ghz Rana triple core AM3-cpu
Coolermaster 932 HAF-case
at the moment the ram im gonna be trying is
Corsair xms 2gb DDR2 800 mgz

idk if maybe the monitor is the problem but just in case its an HP f1905
-im running out of time on that 30 days to return deal from newegg and im stumped as to whats wrong unfortunately im not hearing a beep code otherwise itd be alot easier i assume. any input i can get would be greatly appreciated

The Wise Monkey
09-04-2010, 05:40 AM
You won't even get to the BIOS without any RAM installed. :)

It seems like you've eliminated most things wrong with the PC, but how about trying a different monitor or DVI cable?

ET3RN4L 323
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
thats the thing tho when i eliminated the other parts i had a set of ram in but i sent it back to get another set its just right now i dont have any to test it with which sucks but im wondering what else it could be. i would like to think its the monitor but it worked on my other pc less than two weeks ago. as soon as i get my hands in some ram tho ill continue testing and see if i can try another monitor.