PDA

View Full Version : No Bios, No beep

fostachild
07-16-2010, 08:30 PM
I've just started building a new system with the following components:

-DH57DD motherboard

-i3 550 processor

-G.Skill 4gb (2x2gb) 240 pin SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC#10666) Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK

-Corsair 550vx PSU

All parts are new.

So far these are the only components installed. With no memory I get the 3 Beeps with LED blinking in unison which signals this. After putting in the memory I observe the following symptoms:

-All fans power on

-Standby light on motherboard is on

-Cpu fan slows slightly and only for a VERY brief moment about every three seconds.

-No POST beep whatsoever, Power LED does come on

-When a monitor is hooked up, receives no signal.

-I've tried each stick one at a time shifted between all the slots and both sticks at once, same symptoms regardless of position.

So what do you guys think? I am far from a pro, but from the reading I've done I've got the following guesses:

-because the system loses predictability when the memory is installed, it's probably the memory (rocket science, I know).

-while everything on the intel compatibility charts say this processor and motherboard are compatible, I've read that others have had problems with this configuration because the BIOS on this board doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this processor until updated, would this cause a problem like the one I'm having?

The Wise Monkey
07-17-2010, 04:39 PM
It may not be a problem with the memory; it could be that your motherboard checks for the memory being missing before attempting to POST, and so it is a problem with something else i.e. it is now trying to POST but can't for some reason.

Have you got the additional 4-pin connector from the PSU to the motherboard connected?