PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo mail

xeroatticus
02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
So now that I've got a super PC what's the best web-based e-mail to use to protect it from viruses, worms and other nasty bugs?

I'm currently using Outlook Express. What service is safe and easy to use? Can I transfer my address book?

Rob
02-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I use Yahoo for my personal e-mail address. It does a great job of eliminating junk e-mail, at least looking at how much stuff has automatically been routed to my bulk folder. I've also never known it to incorrectly treat a real e-mail mesasge as a spam message, which is very important.

The e-mail address I use for the MySuperPC web-site gets spammed so badly that it was an important reason for starting this message board! Now I can finally see the message meant for me from fellow PC-builders. Probably I've accidentally deleted real messages in the past, being unable to see them for all the spam.

As for transferring your Outlook address to Yahoo, this link might help.
http://help.yahoo.com/help/aa/ab/impexp/impexp-12.html

rontom
02-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I vote for Yahoo mail "beta" version. The beta version will be an option for you. A very nice layout and a great spam filter (just select "empty" and the spam is gone....you never even have to look at it). All your legitimate mail will be delivered to your inbox. The program has a capability to learn what is spam and what is legit!

xeroatticus
02-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll keep all this in mind. I'll use that link you sent me, Rob. I appreciate it.