PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64-bit BSOD

lorizzle
04-18-2010, 05:41 PM
So I downloaded a game onto Windows 7 64-bit. It downloaded fine, but then when I went to actually play the game, I got the BSOD. I tried switching it to 32-bit, but the same thing happened. It was a beta version of the OS, however.

Has anyone had problems with the 64-bit crashing with the actual version?

The Wise Monkey
04-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Nope, no problems for me. I've been running it on 4 different machines, and they have all been rock solid. What game was it?

Also, bear in mind that there have been a lot of changes between the beta version and the released version, so things that didn't work then will probably work now.

If you want to try it out, there is a site you can use to download an .iso files for either Home Premium or Professional directly from Microsoft. You can then try this for 30 days iirc before you need to purchase a license. I'll try and dig out the link if you are interested.

RickyTick
04-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Same here. I'm running Win7 64-bit on 2 machines, and Win7 32-bit on another, and they are all rock solid.

The Wise Monkey
04-19-2010, 03:14 AM
Actually, I've made a sticky in the Build a PC forum with the links to download the .iso files if you are interested. :)