PDA

View Full Version : Need Special Cable for Case Front Panel

vinylvision
06-30-2007, 08:08 AM
The cable for my front panel power led light is terminated with two female adjacent connectors but my Abit motherboard requires a "blank" connector between the two male connectors. (Stated differently, the motherboard requires two male connectors and one blank space between them - for a total of three connector spaces for the power led.)

Where can I buy a one connector cable with a male on one end and female on the other or how do I make one? Is there another solution that will enable me to connect the case cable to my motherboard?

ralphf926
10-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I believe I'm having a similar problem. I'm to point in my first build where I'm connecting cables for front panel. The cable for the power led has 2 prongs while the connector on MOBO has a wider connector. more like a 3 pin with center one missing. Did you ever get an answer or if not do you know how to address this problem.

subbu68
12-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I do not have this problem but wondered why GIGABYTE provided a "split connector' for the front panel LED. there is a conenctor marked + and another marked - at the end of a twisted pair of wires. Now I understood.

My mobo Intel DG33BU has a wide pin marked alternate front panel LED. There is also a ''two pin"wide pin for the LED. I connected to the 'regular'set of pins. In case the mobo had only a keyed pin you could use the same split connector to connect the LED. Maybe try to slowly cut the LED connector to two.

Rgds
Subbu