PDA

View Full Version : Sweet spot parts read and reply please

Cirndle
06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Where is a good site that monitors the prices of components, and how long they have been on the market for?

Or how do you know the six month period and what not for sweet spot?

Software?

Any easy way, or describe how you accomplish this, my first PC build is in the horizon.

Thanks,
Crindle

xeroatticus
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Hmmm.... Off the top of my head I couldn't name any. When in doubt, Google it. Try that, and if you don't get any results I'm sure someone around here knows of one.

Rob
06-27-2007, 06:09 PM
My personal experience is that you don't need to look any further than the sites I recommend, such as Amazon, Newegg, Crucial, and TigerDirect.

Cirndle
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
No I am asking.

How to track when a product comes out. (how to see how long it has been on market like 6 month thing.)

Where to see pricecuts, or drop, etc.

How can I tell how long a component has been on the market, and where can I track the price to look for drops?

The Wise Monkey
06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Some price drops are anounced quite widely - keep an eye on www.digg.com for anything related to the components you want.

As for seeing how long a component has been available, I recommend Wikipedia - they usually give some good ideas there.

Remember that the "six month rule" is not hard and fast - if the component has been around for a while and has had good reviews, and you can get a good price, then go for it.