PDA

View Full Version : First Post + First Build

CHAD
02-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey everyone. I just successfully built my first pc from the ground up, using nothing but my mobo manual and Rob's book. I've been buying all of my parts from Newegg little by little since christmas. Here's what I put in last night.

Alienware Predator 2.0 Case w/ AlienFX
Intel Core i7 Quad 2.66 LGA1366
Asus P6T V2 Deluxe LGA1366
Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
G.Skill 2x3gb GDDR3
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb
LG DVD/Bluray RW
BFG GeForce 9800gt 1gb EcoIntelligent < Best thing in my old computer now the worst in my new one

And I think that covers it. That Alienware case came with 4 fans in it so talk about cables everywhere! I'd say the build went well and problem free for my first time. The hardest part was of course the CPU and heatsink installation since it was my first time down that dark lonely road. It started on first boot! I was so relieved to see my BIOS come up I just went to bed :). It surprised me that even though I've had Rob's book for around 5 years, everything in my build with all of this latest hardware was still in-line with the directions in his book.

Now since I only put a small pinch of stuff in this huge case, I'd like some advice on a Cooler. Internal, reliable, quiet, and a great warranty :) I've never even seen one inside of a machine before, and I definitely won't install it myself. Any advice? Thanks. Oh, and yea it may not sound like I need extra liquid cooling right now, but I would feel better about it since overclocking this mobo/cpu is dreadfully easy.