PDA

View Full Version : Almost complete! New Build/Boot Issues

Jay_Z
01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for your help through this forum - I checked the forums but didn't see anything specific to these issues, can you perhaps provide some insight?

I have assembled the components:
P6T Deluxe V2
Intel i920
Corsair 6GB
HIS ATI HD5770 Graphics
Samsung 500GB SATA HD
Sony Optiarc DVD

Now I am installing Windows 7 64-bit and a couple questions ...

1) As system starts, it runs through initial screen at BIOS it shows Marvell 88SE61xx Adapter at top and then says:

Adapter 1
Disks Information:
No hard disk is detected!

2) On the install, I get to the end of installing Windows (after copying windows files, expanding windows files, installing features, installing updates, and then completing installation) I get the following ...

"Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware"

These seem to be separate issues since the first doesn't hold back the second from installing. In BIOS, 1st SATA is HD and 2nd is DVD ... boot sequence is the same, HD then DVD.

Any suggestions, feedback?

tjgraf
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Jay,
Try checking BIOS for HDD adjustment between IDE and AHCI. For Win 7 64 bit, you want AHCI. Let us know if that works. I accidentally bumped into this info when researching my build before thanksgiving, and had a smooth startup experience with Win 7 64.
TJ

evantpdx
02-25-2010, 10:07 PM
When I have mine set to IDE, it will prompt me to boot from CD/DVD. When I set it to RAID or AHCI, it will not prompt me, it just displays "AMD new dats...Update DMI info" or something similar. What gives?