PDA

View Full Version : Its alive... its alive!

Convertible Guy
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
The new PC is complete. :) Its been running for about a week now with no issues. I’m declaring success on my first build ever. Previously my experience was limited to installing cards and hard drives only. Here are my thoughts to those who are contemplating doing this.

This site is great for the following things: :D
• Assistance to choose parts that are compatible and correct for your situation. By all means ask. Once they find out what kind of user you are, the recommendations are spot on.
• Help with any questions or issues along the way. Just knowing help is available is invaluable. Past posts contain a lot of helpful information, but you can always post, and help arrives quickly.

What to expect: :confused:
• Do not expect that the process is going to be step-by-step using exact instructions. The instructions are very good, but can only go so far. Your components are probably not going to be exactly like the ones in the instructions. The instructions do help you perform the major steps in the proper order and give a basic idea of the task. Be prepared to use the installation instructions for your equipment, consult the web, and post to the forum if needed.
• I agree that most people who have the desire and interest probably can build a PC. I suspect this process is a bit more complicated if you receive a defective part. Fortunately, that did not happen to me. From reading forums on Newegg and Amazon, I suggest expedited shipping of the hard drive. These seem to get damaged in shipping from what I’ve read.

Thanks Rob and all on the forum for the help!

My Super PC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache
HDD: Western Digital 750 GB Caviar Black SATA 7200 RPM 32 MB Cache
DVDR: Sony Optiarc Black
CASE/PSU: Antec Sonata III
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
RAM: BL2KIT25664AA80A 4GB kit (2GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM
GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT 1GB

RickyTick
01-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Great post.

Congratulations on the build.

Rob
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for the good words!

The Wise Monkey
01-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Nice job. :)