PDA

View Full Version : Bios Problems for Raid Setup EP45-UD3P Mobo

TonySC
12-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I have a new build with a GA-EP45-UD3P MOBO with 2 ea Western Digitql 640GB SATA drives. 4GB Memory, an MSI Sata CD/DVD Drive and EVGA GT 9800 Display Controller. I want to set the system up as a RAID 1. When I
go into the Bios Main Menu and sekect the Standard CMOS Features window the IDE Channel 0 Master shows one of the Western Digital Drives, the IDE Channel 1 Master shows the other Wester Digital Drive and the IDE Channel 2 Master shows the MSI Sata CD/DVD Drive. All other IDE Channel Listings Slave & Master indicate (None). Everything seems to be working fine so I figured the next thing to do is setup the Bios for RAID 1. Following the MOBO Manual, I went to the Integrated Peripherals window in the CMOS Setup Utility changed the SATA RAID/AHCI Mode to RAID, saved it and rebooted.
The next instruction in the manual says to get into the RAID BIOS setup utility by depressing "Control l" when requested after the Post Memory and before the operating system boot. At power on, after the Post Memory a new window appears, I started tapping "Control L" multiple times but the system ends up at the system boot disk request. Tried multiple times always the same result. Went into the BIOS into the Standard CMOS Features Window and found all the IDE Channels listed as (None). What have I missed or what should I do?

The Wise Monkey
12-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Isn't it Ctrl+i?

TonySC
12-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Wise Monkey,
When I took out a magnify glass and looked at the manual, it is a "Control i" but I had the other girls look at it in the office and they all thought it was "Control L".
I tried "Control i" and it took me where I wanted to go, the Raid Bios Configuration.
Thanks to much. By the way I noticed your from England, I used to work in Swindon, not to far from you.
Tony

The Wise Monkey
12-30-2009, 01:13 PM
I was near Swindon the other day. :)

Glad it is now working - if you have any other problems, don't hesitate to ask.