PDA

View Full Version : Bios Settings for RAID 1 on the Super CPU

TonySC
12-26-2009, 12:58 PM
I have assembled the super computer parts and done the first boot and other than a minor hickup every thing seems ready to create the bios settings.
I have two 620mb Sata drives that I want to set up in a raid 1 configuration. I will be installing XP Professional as an operating system. I have not as yet installed any of the peripherals, the sata drives, flooy disk or cd drive. The little hickup I mentioned was I have an evga 9800 GT graphics card installed with the display plugged into the top dvi connector. When I did the first boot I saw nothing on the screen. Did it several times, still nothing. Moved the display connector to the lower DVI connector, saw the Main menu appear then disappear and nothing. Tried that a couple of times and same result. Then decided to hit the "DEL" key as soon as I saw the main menu appear and it went into the Main Bios Menu. I changed the date & time, though it was dificult telling where I was in the Menu as the display is not highlighting the option to be changed. Anyway, my biggest problem now is making sure that I get this Raid 1 configuration in the Bios setup properly. Any help would be aprreciated.