PDA

View Full Version : E-mail problem after Windows-7 installed

jeanone
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Recently, my 'Supercomputer' built in 2007 (with help from this site) died.
I am not sure what was the 'etiology' this death. My guess was that the WD hard driver, or ASUS mobo (M2N 32 SLI Delux)

I decided torenovate this computer as follow: On same motherboard, I installed two new WD1.0T internal hard, after old hard removed. Also I swapped RAM memory (1x2) with
G.SKILL 2X2 total 4 g. I bought OEM WINDOWS-7. (I thought this is a good chance to upgrade from xp)
I did not change anytihing in BIOS (I did not know how to improve the bios setting).

The New WINDOWS-7 installation was smooth.

Then I found a few problems:

1. No sound from TOSLINK jack, (headphone is OK) (this symptom has cured itself curiously two days later).

2. No old e-mail system (No Outlook express). Microsoft forced me to use Windows 'hotmail' system (they call this 'Windows Live') I had to make new e-mail adress. I can not find nowhere my old e-mail adress nor incoming mails.

My Question is:
Is there way to receive and send e-mail with my existing old adress?
Do I have to purchase separate ' OUTLOOK EXPRESS' ? Is this program still available? Please help me.:confused:

RickyTick
12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Outlook Express is gone. You can purchase the full version of Outlook, but Windows Live Mail works great.

jeanone
12-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Ricky,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Is that possible I can keep the old e-mail adress ( in the Outlook),

since I have been using that adress for over 10 years. My friends, family

and business partners etc. would be confused with new XXXXX@live.com.

The Wise Monkey
12-17-2009, 03:00 AM
You should be able to add your old e-mail address back in as a separate account. If you open Windows Live Mail, there should be an option on the left hand side to "Add e-mail account". Click this, and follow the instructions, and it should set up your old account for you.

If you can't remember your old email address, then you can always ask your friends/family if they know what it is, or you could plug your old hard drive back in so you can access Outlook Express again.

jeanone
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi, Wise Monkey,
Thank you very much for the tips.
I will get that second account.