PDA

View Full Version : Samsung 22x Sata Burner doesn't work.

sprout69
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Rob,

I did the build, all worked fine. Then it didn't after loading Norton 360, since then heard this was a very bad program.

Restored to an earlier date, everything works except the Samsung DVD. There is power to it. If I change the bios to "boot from cd" then the player actually runs. The CD spins. As soon as I don't boot I can't get it to work, but have power. I believe it is driver related, but can't seem to get drivers from anywhere. Been to Samsung and Windows. Probably missing something here. I'm not a guru, so treat me like a baby.

Was told by a friend of mine to reload Windows 7, but without the DVD player I can't run the install again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mark

Rob
12-18-2009, 06:56 AM
You shouldn't need to install a driver. The driver built into Windows should be fine.

If you have another optical device then you could try it to see if it works. It could be that the Samsung drive is bad, but it could be a problem with the motherboard or connection.

sprout69
12-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I installed another drive so that I could reinstall Windows 7 and now both drives work. I'm not smart enough to know why, but they do.

Thanks.

Rob
12-20-2009, 08:03 AM
May have just been a loose connection. Glad to hear all is well!