PDA

View Full Version : Window 7 does not recog AsusM2N32-SLI

jeanone
12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
:confused::):confused: I have built my super computer in 2007 with help from this site succesfuly. And been ejoying very much.

Now, My computer refused to boot (does not progress beyond initial Windows logo). I decided to renovate.

I bought Window-7, WD 1.0T black HDD (2), and Sony DVD Sata, and G.Skill 2Gx2 Ram.

After reconnect these new gadgets, I went through BIOS (Asus M2N32-SLI DELUX), then installed new Window-7 (OEM version from new egg) successfully. Then, I tried to re-intall the 'Support CD' came with the Asus mother board in 2007.

The Windows says " this CD is not supported by Windows-7" !!! (This support CD contains the drivers sw applications and utilities, and Wireless onboard function) Therefore, there is no internet connection, no sound etc.

What should I do? Please help me (like you did 2 years ago). I could not get a help from Asus Web site.

The Wise Monkey
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Because they are basically built on the same architecture, you should be able to use Windows Vista compatible drivers - select Vista 32-bit from the Operating System drop down box on this page:

http://asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=0jMy2X8lKstYRvev&content=download

I'm surprised that you are having difficulties with drivers - Windows 7 has a large repository of drivers for hardware. I would recommend downloading the network driver first so you can get the wireless working, which will allow you to connect to Windows Update as this should have the rest of the drivers for you.

jeanone
12-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I just back from a local store to buy a LynkSys Wireless-G USB Adapter ("Certified for Vista") about 40+ dollors. And inserted to one of usb port.
(after install Lynksys driver acommpanied) , and BINGO! Now I have internet connection. Still I have no sound from my amplifier. No signal in optical cable hole. I can hear thru my headphone ok.

I visited your suggested site, and failed. I visited Asus .com America site.
"error" . This site is not available........very disappointing...

I can not e-mail, because I do not have e-mail functioning. How do I get this program? Was it "OUTLOOK' ? Not included in Windows-7?

The Wise Monkey
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
How is your amplifier connected to your PC? Is it using the green socket from the back of the PC?

What message do you get when trying to access the website? Can you access other websites?

You don't need Outlook to email, as your email is usually available on a website e.g. gmail.com, hotmail.com etc. If you do want Outlook, then you will either need to buy Microsoft Office or you can download the Windows 7 equivalent of Outlook Express, which is now known as Windows Live Mail, from here:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

RickyTick
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes.
Windows XP had Outlook Express.
Windows Vista dropped Outlook Express for Windows Mail.
Windows 7 dropped Windows Mail for Windows Live Mail.
It has been an improvement every time too. :)

jeanone
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
My PC (MoBo is ASUS M2N32 -SLI DELUX) IS connected to amp thru TOSLINK optical outlet. I can connect thru green RCA jack as well but I think better sound with digital connection.

I tried to re-intall that Asus support disc came along the motherboard in 2007, but failed again. This mobo's built in sound card is not functioning, because I could not install that utility disc.

Should I buy a 'SOUND CARD' ?

By the way, all other internet web sites are working. Only ASUS america site is not working!

To re-intall the MS Office 2003 (OEM vesion I bought 2006) I inserted the original discs but did not work. Is this what expected although I am the original owner?

zburns
12-14-2009, 06:03 PM
I just want to "second" what Wise Monkey said about using Windows compatible drivers and not using the Asus 2007 disc. I have the same mobo, my build in May 2008, loaded Vista -- never touched the Asus CD -- because it would have had the "oldest" drivers, not the newest. Besides that, Vista installed all compatible drivers, so Win 7 should do the same.

EDIT Forgot to mention, my Asus mobo is the M2N32SLI wireless deluxe; I use the on board sound -- no plug in board -- with Windows drivers. I definitely remember not using the Asus disc. I may have gone to some mfgs for their drivers later but I also remember Vista just taking over and installing all drivers during the Vista install.