PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Warning, BSOD!

zburns
10-28-2009, 08:25 AM
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DOWNLOAD!!! I finished my first build about April 2008. I was fortunate to have essentially no Vista software problems of a serious nature ever; had a few minor things since the build was finished up until yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, my computer starting crashing, would reboot for a brief period then crash again; screens on a crash typically included one BSOD with the same message. Could not stay up more than a few minutes. Never had anything like this since I completed the build.

Yesterday morning, I downloaded a "point and shoot" camera manual, 150 pages. However, I did receive a Microsoft warning "Do not download . . . could damage your computer, etc..". Since I really needed the manual, I went ahead and did the download. Later during the day when the crashes occured, out of desperation, I "uninstalled" the camera download.

Immediately, the "crashing problem" was gone. Everything normal again.

The point of this post is to say to all, do not ignore microsoft's warnings about what you install on your computer. The experience was a very clear message to me; hope this will help others if you have similar circumstances.